Alary E. Piibe
Certified Specialist, Immigration & Nationality Law, State Bar of California Board of Legal Specialization
Los Angeles immigration attorney Alary E. Piibe is a long-time litigator who has developed keen and aggressive courtroom skills. Mr. Piibe prides himself on being a formidable strategist who will make persuasive, effective presentations — and who represents his clients in a straightforward manner before USICE (U.S. Immigration and Customs Enforcement, Department of Homeland Security), USCIS (U.S. Citizenship and Immigration Services, Department of Homeland Security) and the Immigration Court. This litigation style translates into a benefit for his clients, and helps cause the government to make a thorough and careful consideration of the cases during the adjudication process. He is a member of both the California State Bar and the federal District Courts, enabling him great latitude to appear in any court to pursue his clients’ needs.
Mr. Piibe is a California State Bar Certified Immigration Specialist and has considerable experience in applying for waivers for unlawful presence (otherwise known as “3/10 waivers” or “illegal presence” waivers). He treats each case as unique and devotes many firm resources in an “all-out” effort to obtain a successful conclusion that reunites a family. He is especially adept at criminal immigration issues, understanding the nuances that can mean the difference between success and deportation. Under his guidance, the firm has vacated numerous criminal convictions to cancel their effect on deportation and removal.
Mr. Piibe’s experience before the Asylum Office and the Immigration Court gives his clients additional protection, and he has won several asylum cases involving complicated and technical issues, which most immigration attorneys would have declared hopeless.
Fluent in the Estonian language, Mr. Piibe himself is an immigrant from Toronto, Canada.
- Southwestern University, School of Law, Los Angeles, J.D., cum laude
- Loyola Marymount University, Los Angeles, B.B.A.
- Loyola Marymount University, Los Angeles, M.B.A.
- California State Bar, December 1993 - Certified Immigration Specialist
- U.S. District Court, Central District of California, 1993
- American Immigration Lawyers Association
- Los Angeles County Bar Association, Immigration Section
- Amanecer Community Counseling Services, Board of Directors
- Boy Scouts of America, Assistant Scout Master, Troop 267
- United States Tennis Association
- Pincus Professional Education, Los Angeles, 2017, Immigration Specialist Exam Preparation Course: Family Based Immigration, Consular Processing, Bars to Admissibility and Waivers, Removal Proceedings and Bond, and Naturalization
- Pincus Professional Education, Los Angeles, 2016, Immigration Consequences of Criminal Convictions
- Pincus Professional Education, Los Angeles, 2016, Immigration Waivers
- Pincus Professional Education, Los Angeles, 2015, Immigration Specialist Exam Preparation Course: Family Based Immigration, Consular Processing, Bars to Admissibility and Waivers, Removal Proceedings and Bond, and Naturalization
- Pincus Professional Education, Los Angeles, 2014, U.N. Convention Against Torture
- Loyola Marymount University, Los Angeles, 2008, Immigration Options after Undergraduate School