U.S. Green Cards

U.S. Green Cards

Our Los Angeles and Orange County California Green Card Attorneys

Our immigration and green card attorneys handle all types of applications for United States permanent residency (family, employment, etc.). We do not simply fill out forms; we review your particular circumstances and present detailed, comprehensive packages that easily guide an adjudicator through your qualifications and issues, greatly speeding up the process.

We have helped thousands of immigrants to get their green card or visa without problems from the U.S. Citizenship and Immigration Services (USCIS) (formerly known as the INS). For information about our success in helping our clients obtain green cards, please see our notable cases.

Who Qualifies for Lawful Permanent Residency?

Lawful permanent residency is also known as a green card. It gives a person permanent permission to live and work in the United States. Immigrants commonly may qualify based on family, work, or investment status.

  • Family category green card: certain relatives of U.S. citizens and lawful permanent residents
  • Employment category green card: certain occupations — most require a U.S. employer, who must advertise and try to find U.S. workers before hiring you
  • Investor category green card: minimum amount is $500,000 and you must create at least 10 jobs

For more free information on U.S. green cards, see these government websites:

Two-Step Process for Obtaining a Green Card

  1. File a petition under one of the green card categories
  2. Undergo a vetting process to prove that you are “admissible” to the U.S.

Potential Problems / Reasons a Green Card May be Denied

Renewing Your Green Card

Green cards expire, usually every ten years. Your permanent resident status does not expire, but the card is your proof that you are a permanent resident. Whenever you need to prove that you are a permanent resident, you need a valid, unexpired green card. For example, you need it when traveling and returning to the United States.

Issues to be aware of when renewing your green card:

  • A criminal record could cause you problems
  • Deciding whether to renew or to apply for naturalization (citizenship)

Did you have a notario or untrained non-attorney prepare your application the first time? Are you now facing a deportation hearing?

Our green card lawyers have the legal training to prepare your visa and green card application correctly the first time or to amend and resubmit the application if it was previously incorrect. We’re always thinking two steps ahead: taking the right precautions early on to set the stage for success in the event we must take the case to the appeals court in order to win for our client.

Free Appointment with a Green Card Attorney

If you need to apply for a green card or are facing a hearing in immigration court after a green card application was rejected, contact Hill & Piibe to talk to an immigration attorney.

With offices in Downtown L.A. and San Juan Capistrano, our immigration and green card lawyers serve clients of all nationalities living in the Los Angeles, California area, including Riverside and Bakersfield and all of San Bernardino County, Orange County, San Diego County, Ventura County, and Santa Barbara County.

Fill Out This Form For an Appointment

  • This field is for validation purposes and should be left unchanged.